Complex Timing Issues

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:16 AM
I need to know if it's possible to make a complex or multi-stage timer?

Reason: Jedi Guardians that are in the Vigilance tree have a proc called Zen Strike. At 2 stacks it causes Master Strike to instantly cooldown. You receive stacks from both moves Plasma Brand and Overhead Slash. However, in the combat logs, the 2nd stack of__Zen Strike__ is not shown, nor is the removal of the effect.

Basic Timer Example:
  • An "invisible" 30s timer (Duration of Zen Strike if a second stack is not applied) is activated when either Plasma Brand or Overhead Slash is used.
  • If Plasma Brand or Overhead Slash is used before that timer runs out, activate the Timer Sound.
I looked at the Parsec Source Code, but I can only code Java, so that kinda went downhill. If you need more information please don't hesitate to ask for it. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated :)
Aug 31, 2014 at 7:29 AM
I have a random spin-off question: Jedi Sentinels in the Watchman tree have a buff called Merciless. Every time you use Merciless Slash, another stack of Merciless is added, up to four times (each stack reduces the cooldown of Merciless Slash by 6 seconds). The combat log shows the Merciless effect being added or lost, but doesn't tell whether or not it increments the stack. Is there any way to say something like this:

If Merciless Slash is used x times within x seconds, play this sound?
Coordinator
Sep 15, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Edited Sep 15, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Because of the lack of information in the log both of these would require a significantly more complex timer configuration UI. I want to keep it somewhat easy to use. I play both of these specs and have found the sound and visual game queues to be more than adequate to play the spec without timers.

All that said, if I think of a way to make timers for these stacking abilities work I will include it.
Sep 15, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Would you be against adding individual options for each of these "Complex Timers" that could be enabled through a separate menu? I've already wrote a small java program for my timing issue:

1 Reads log file
2 When Zen Strike is seen, start 30s Timer
3 If Overhead Slash or Plasma Brand is in log file before 30s is up, write "someID" to log file
4 Then parsec reads "someID" from the log file & plays a sound.

If you are willing to add this kind of option, I could possibly help with some of the logic coding if it's coded in java. Either way, I appreciate the response, & I love your program. I wish you the best of luck as it evolves :) Have a good one!