Timers and Multi Target HoT's

Jul 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Edited Jul 21, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Hello there...

I'm trying to create a HoT Timer but I'm not having success.

I want to know how do I create a Timer that when I apply a HoT to someone, show me the time of the HoT and the name of the player?
For Example: I put a HoT on me and appears "MyName" and Hot Timer (refreshable) and when I apply the same HoT on another player, show too the "OtherPlayerName" and de HoT Timer and so on with other players at same time...

Do I have to create a string "name = target" in the name field???
I Tryed to create Custom modes for this... but not have success!!!

Can u help me please???

Tkz
Coordinator
Jul 21, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Parsec timers does not support variables in naming or any other scripting in timer set up. This would require several changes to support, but it sounds like a good idea.
Jul 21, 2014 at 7:44 PM
It will be great if you insert this in Parsec... Healers will be glad!!!

Idk if is or not complicated to insert it, but I think it will make Parsec be amazing.
I think we could create a lot of things with it.

Thanks for your reply...
Coordinator
Aug 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM
After a considerable amount of work I have found that this is just not possible with the current log format in SWTOR.

The first problem is that ability activation entries in the log do not contain information on the Target of the ability. So when your character ChuckyTheHealer casts Slow-Release Medpac the line in the log says ChuckyTheHealer activated Slow-Release Medpac but nothing about the target. So using Activation entries was out.

The second problem is that Effects granted entries do not repeat if the target already has the effect. Effect granted entries do have target information but since they do not repeat if the target has an effect the timers done in this way would never update if you refresh the hot.

After exploring both possibilities I decided that this is simply not possible to accomplish in a meaningful way. It was neat to run around fleet and pop SRMP on people and see there name pop up in the Timer Window, and I could see how it would be useful but I just can't get past the fact that effect granted entries only appear when the target receives the effect and not when it is refreshed. In practice it made this change useless.