Razer Switchblade integration

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:01 PM
Hello,
I have an interest in expanding Razer's rather slim offering of applications for their switchblade UI (available on Deathstalker keyboards and certain laptops). Their app for SWTOR is basically useless for any raiding. I would like to ask the author of parsec if he/she would be interested in extending the funcionality of parsec onto the Switchblade interface. I can handle the development of the UI and rely on the existing Parsec parsing/raid sync engine. Would the author be interested?

Thanks,

MM
Coordinator
Jan 22, 2015 at 6:44 AM
Parsec is open source software, licensed using the GPLv2. This license states that you can use and modify the Parsec software as long as the result is also free, open source and includes author credit.

That said, feel free to download the source code and use the parsing engine in your Razer app.
Jan 27, 2015 at 7:55 AM
Hello,
Thank you for your reply. I am not merely interested in gutting the Parsec code and implementing a frontend. I haven't looked on how the network functionality is implemented (how raid data is passed around clients etc.) I am assuming that there is a server that routes data between clients once a raid is created? To make myself more clear :

I am not interested in forking the whole of parsec and cloning it's server infrastructure. I was asking if the author would be interested in me coding a small client app in C# for the switchblade UI that would extract its data from parsec's existing app while relying on parsec's existing infrastructure. For that the statistic data would have to be passed between parsec and the client app (I haven't thought of a best way to do that (interprocess communication?), (SOAP?). Also you should be able to choose a fight in question from the switchblade app so that implies piloting which data to retreive etc.

I have no problem of coding the switchblade app by myself and then donating the code to parsec codebase. In that case I would ask you to point me to the right direction as to extracting statistics data from parsec process and possibly somehow querying parsec based on user input into the switchblade.

Thanks!

MM