Major Parsec Update This Week

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2015 at 8:47 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to drop a line out somewhere about a Major Release coming this week. Feel free to ask questions here.

Here are the new features:
  • Data Export and Import
    Export and Import: Settings, Timers, Character Settings, Raid Groups
    You will be able to merge or overwrite existing data
  • Custom Timer Sounds
    Choose any mp3, wav or mp4 on your local file system to use as a timer sound
  • Text To Speech Timer Sounds
    Use a text phrase as a sound for your timers
  • Categorized Timers
    Categorize the timers you have in your UI with unlimited levels of depth
  • Timers for Log Events
    A new category of timer for events was added, this includes things like EndCombat and some Boss mechanics
  • Timer Chaining
    Trigger a Timer from the end of another Timer. This will be useful in operations where certain mechanics begin after a set period of time and repeat at a different interval.
  • Timer Canceling
    Cancel any Timer early based on the trigger of any other timer. This is useful to set repeating timers to cancel when an EndCombat timer is triggered.
Jan 14, 2015 at 4:11 AM
Being able to type in the category drop down menu seems a bit confusing, it's probably not something a user will expect to be able to do.
Coordinator
Jan 22, 2015 at 6:37 AM
Its funny how as the web has taken over most of our apps that the old "combo box" is now considered weird.

The fact is that the Combo Box is the default state of a drop down in a windows app. It is also efficient from a UI perspective.

It simply means you can choose an existing value or create a new one.
Feb 17, 2015 at 7:46 PM
Edited Feb 17, 2015 at 7:55 PM
Is there a way to figure out what an event is supposed to be called? I can't seem to get the combat end trigger to work, tried adding a timer for the event "EndCombat" since that's what you're calling it here, but it doesn't do anything.

Also, under "Timer Chaining" you mentioned mechanics which begin after X seconds and then repeat every Y seconds. Currently, this requires two timers to implement (three if you want the timer to also end when combat ends). Would it be possible to combine all of this into a single timer, since it's precisely this kind of timer that you need for most boss mechanics? As far as I can tell, the main changes this would require are to add the option to have a different duration for repeat timers, and add an option to end the timer on combat end (rather than just ending it on a timer).
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2015 at 12:22 AM
You can find it in the raw combat log. Also you can use unique ids in addition to event names. To find the unique id you can hover over the event in the combat log. Then you can select and copy the id. Use this id number in your timer.

Drew

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2015 at 2:34 PM
I double checked and it looks like the events do not currently have hover overs so disregard my previous post. I will be adding hover overs for Events in the next update. In the mean time you can use the raw combat log file, or ask me here. For End Combat the event name is ExitCombat.