Timers sync

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Edited Mar 21, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Ever since you got hw acceleration disable to work I can actual use parsec which is great.

Timer wise the sound be play for when CD is up is correct, IE Power Boost Timer it has 120 cd and sound plays corrected when cd is up.

Power Surge
You Gain effect
Power Surge
0 <---- if this is increased add that to the 2-3 it does at 0
Allow Multi timers

Duplicity
You Gain effect
Duplicity
0 <---- if this is increased add that # to the 2-3 it does at 0
Allow Multi timers

These is timer is play 2-3sec after it procced

Now for correct sound timing

Dark Ward Timer
You Activate An Ability
Dark Ward
update timer on repeat

Power Boost timer
You Activate An Ability
Power Boost
Allow Multiple Timers

These all play the sound right as the cd is over.

It would seem setting a timer to go off when Proc happens is off by 2-3 seconds. I tried put HW acceleration back on to test if it made diffrence it didnt. So it would seem setting Proc Timer to go off when it happens is off mean while setting to go off when CD is over works great. I have tried updating my clock per instruction on timer page. it didnt help.

Also Combat Notes show Proc at same time pretty much of the actual pro. it just play the sound 2-3 seconds later
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2014 at 1:44 AM
Having a notification go off at 0 will likely be up to 3 seconds off because SWTOR buffers the log file and writes it every 3 seconds.

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the SWTOR log file and there is nothing I can do in parsec about it.

One thing that can be beneficial is to sync your system clock with an internet time server. Windows syncs the clock once a week but you can manually force a resync by opening a cmd window with admin privilege and typing w32tm /resync
Mar 22, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Gotcha its limitations of the game engine. as my time is already synced with internet time server it never helped.

I am just happy I can use parsec with voice chat stuff up and running now that HW acclerations disabled actual works. I do like the new DPS meter
Mar 23, 2014 at 2:06 AM
I have been unable to get the Pop-up to display the cool-down or alert timers with both Corrosive Dart for my sniper and Incendiary Missile for my Mercenary. It worked great the first day the patch for the new Timer system was released, but now it doesn't. I didn't change any of my settings.
Is there something you can do to help me?

Thank you,
Barbie, POT5

My Corrosive Dart timer settings are:

Corrosive Dart
You Activate An Ability
Corrosive Dart
update timer on repeat
Mar 23, 2014 at 3:36 AM
Edited Mar 23, 2014 at 3:38 AM
it should work fine for playing sound when the CD is up, you sure you have combat log enabled and maked sure the circle is solid next to the timer if it not solid it not gona play.

Some people on Swtor forums are saying timer worked fine for everything include proc play a sound when they proc with out delays for sound with the initial release of timers but updates after that messed something up. I am unsure I only know from what I did my test in .31

All i know as far as Proc timer go combat log in parsec shows the proc in the text info a good 3 seconds before a sound plays
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Edited Mar 24, 2014 at 12:55 AM
tsunami2311 wrote:
it should work fine for playing sound when the CD is up, you sure you have combat log enabled and maked sure the circle is solid next to the timer if it not solid it not gona play.

Some people on Swtor forums are saying timer worked fine for everything include proc play a sound when they proc with out delays for sound with the initial release of timers but updates after that messed something up. I am unsure I only know from what I did my test in .31

All i know as far as Proc timer go combat log in parsec shows the proc in the text info a good 3 seconds before a sound plays
I have not seen ANY reports on swtor forums about that.

Also, that last part is not possible at all.
Mar 24, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2014 at 6:01 PM
I dont know about that , but tor assistant manages to play the sound timer the moment the timer goes every now and then, other times it is off just like parsec, both use the combat log

Unless the times tor assistant does manage to play the sound the moment it procs is some ironicly placed bug. parsec seem off consistently though. so from those tests it does seem possible just mater fiqure out why Tor Assistant manage to do every now and then ( it does play the timer the moment it hits the proc probably had it happen few time in 5 min parse and some time with back to back procs) Parsec is consistently off

So if both use combat log in same way then one seem to mange it every now and then while other is always off. these are from my test, maybe it my pc is laging when it happen on time but i doubt that seeing have 60fps/20ms stand on my ship hitting a dumby

I not try to say im right your wrong, but those are from my personal tests, I am still shocked you even bother to implement way to disable HW acceleration in the program seeing I was the only one that complained about it. so I great full for that
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2014 at 7:56 PM
It isn't possible that the ability shows in the combat log 3 seconds before the sound plays considering they are run off the same loop.

However, I did find a bug that was incorrectly throttling the log reading. Instead of a 0 - 3 second delay there was a 3 - 6 second delay on reading log file data.

This has been corrected in the release today, among other bugs.

I also prioritized timer sounds before screen updates just in case someone's CPU performance is really sub par.
Mar 24, 2014 at 8:08 PM
yes i retested the log thing at indeed does play the sound when text info shows. But this does not explain why some time Tor assistant manage to play timer sound on when procs and other times it just as off as parsec, it it had to do with log just be read at right time that it makes it seem to make timer sound when it actual proc, then would parsec so the same thing at random too?

Parsec is consistent in the delay of sound timer as far procs go where tor assistant does not have consistent delay and actual plays sound on time every now and then
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM
tsunami2311 wrote:
yes i retested the log thing at indeed does play the sound when text info shows. But this does not explain why some time Tor assistant manage to play timer sound on when procs and other times it just as off as parsec, it it had to do with log just be read at right time that it makes it seem to make timer sound when it actual proc, then would parsec so the same thing at random too?

Parsec is consistent in the delay of sound timer as far procs go where tor assistant does not have consistent delay and actual plays sound on time every now and then
With the latest release of parsec (today) I was able to get parsec to occasionally play the sound right on CD. The problem was due to the bug I mentioned above.

The bug was causing parsec to only attempt to read from the log file every 3 seconds instead of every 100ms. This made it incredibly unlikely that the sound would play right on CD and much more likely that it would be 3 - 6 seconds behind.