Feature Request DTS pop out

Mar 21, 2014 at 7:07 AM
Edited Mar 21, 2014 at 7:08 AM
Hi, thanks for your amazing job !

One easy thing and very usefull for tanks would be to add DTS (raid and solo damage taken per second like dps) pop out tabs.
It s very usefull for tanks to evaluate mitigation and for a RL to see who is taking to much damage.

Thanks
Mar 21, 2014 at 7:12 AM
In fact 2 tabs like "Damage" (Raid Damage dealt) and "DPS" (solo) but "Raid damage taken" and "DTS solo"

Thanks
Coordinator
Mar 21, 2014 at 3:09 PM
As A Main Tank myself, I see the value of this information. That is why Parsec, in my opinion, has the best Damage taken information and combat log available.

However, pop outs are reserved for information that is useful in real time during fights and training dummy parses. I raid frequently and have discussed this with many other tanks and the consensus is that Damage taken, attacks taken and raid damage taken are not valuable in real time.

That is not to say they are not valuable, they are very valuable when used to analyze previous fights. That is one of the strengths of Parsec. After a tough fight I can go to the combat log and filter on damage in, I can go to the damage taken tab and check the damage types and average hits by the boss. I can even see the average hit count of a bosses ability. If I think my guard might be better on the healer or a different dps I can check the raid tab for raid damage taken. But these are all post raid activities and do not require pop outs.

If you truly need this information during a fight there are two ways you can get it.

1) Damage taken per second and total damage taken are available on the Stat Overview Pop Out.
2) In the Parsec settings you can set the parsec window to be always on top, this will cause the main parsec window to behave like a pop out and be on top of your game client. This way you can use the raid tab and sort by DTPS if you want. You can even change the opacity so you can see through the parsec window.
Mar 21, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Raid DTS is usefull in real time to see anyone slacking in aoe and taking too much damage or if a tank isn't mitigating enough.
Dont you think so ?