[Request] Global Cooldown counter

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Hey there!

First I want to thank you for this really great tool. I have used TORParse before, but the Parsec Client is more powerful and I really like the simple and straight forward design.

Working on my Shadow-DD I had the idea that a global cooldown counter would be very useful, this counter should increase every time, when the global cooldown is triggerd and there should be two reset options:

a.) Reset on ability x
b.) Reset after x global cooldowns

I think, the most amount of work will be collecting the names of all the abilities, which trigger the GC. Maybe in a first version, the user has to fill out the list with the abilities for himself.

Thank you again and greetings
Kinman
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I am not sure what counting the global cooldowns would do for you. This is pretty static to your GC timer. You could divide the combat length by your GC timer and get how many GCs occurred, but for what purpose?

It seems that maybe the APM measurement might meet your need. APM is Ability Activations per minute. If you hit every GC perfectly and you have no alacrity you would see 40 APM (60 seconds / 1.5 second Global Cooldown). As your alacrity increases you will see this number rise. Also, this number counts abilities that are off the GC. It is a good indicator of how engaged and "on point" you are during a fight.
Oct 29, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Edited Oct 30, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Thank you for your answer.

With the Shadow you can use the global cooldown count perfectly for your Rotation. Some skills have 12 GCs cooldown, some 9 GCs cooldown. Of course, you can also use a DoT-Timer but I don't like DoT-Timers. :-)

I had a quick glance into your source code and maybe I'll try to implement it by myself. But it's not that easy after years without coding a C dialect. I think public CombatLogEvent AddEvent() is the right spot.

Greetings
Kinman