stats graph view

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:47 AM
does this already exist?

if not is it some thing people would like to see? should be easy to use php and jqplot to display the information in a graph layout. like torparse's online view.
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2013 at 3:22 AM
It is non-trivial to implement php and jqplot in a WPF .net app. However, there are other libraries more suited to this project that could be used but first I would need more information about what you're looking for.

Are you looking for some dps over time on a graph or something? More info please :)
Oct 25, 2013 at 3:26 AM
i was basically thinking along of a way to transfer raid parses to a web site and have the parse displayed on like a guild site in graph form, to be able to compare parses over time from rai to raid and see how ppl are doing i.e getting better, worse, staying the same.

so either create a way to upload to a specified server (that you own or what ever) then use php jqplot to just present the information

do you know what i mean ? lol
Oct 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM
@ Kirce It would be far easier to just implement graphs in the parsec client, display them in a separate window, and use print screen to take a screenshot that you put on your website. sure the graphs wont be interactive, but you can just copy paste the numerical stats you are interested in with the post on the website.
Oct 27, 2013 at 2:47 AM
@ sparticus_37 , yes but what i would like is something close to world of logs for WoW were jqplot is used to be able to hover the graph nad see details about that point in time. then again all of this can be achieved by just parsing my combat log myself with php and sending that information to jqplot, but that would be just one person's, were as in parsec if you are in a raid group you get the information of all the players not just yourself.

so if parsec could store all that information (the entire op) and could then export it as a op combat log i could then parse that and have a complete view of the fight with every members actions, that would be ideal.
Oct 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Edited Oct 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM
You know TorParse already has that feature implemented right? You could easily have your raid group parse using ParsecParse then upload the logs directly to TorParse's website as a group combat log which provides exactly what you are describing.

Now for your question of can you do this in Parsec the answer is yes, but to use engineering speak, such a feature would be outside the scope of the project for now.
As an analogy, if you consider a desktop application (parsec) to be a car and a web application to be a plane then you are asking to make a car fly. It can be done, but it requires ALOT of work.
Oct 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM
outside the scope, it breaks down to simply adding a feature to log entire raid information, the client already streams that info from the other clients to yours, why not add in a step before the display of the information and write it to a file, looks like im learning another language, im almost sure its not as hard as i am explaining it. lol
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I think everyone understands what you are looking for. However, the problem is more in terms of the direction in which development is going to be taken.

While my original purpose was to fill a gap that was going to be left by torparse and provide all of their functionality. The fact that they are going to stay around has changed my strategy. I believe that torparse has the best available post-raid parsing tools and should be used if you need more than what Parsec's UI can give.

My focus for Parsec moving forward has been to provide the best real time combat log tools. I am focusing on the time spent during and between fights while doing progression. This is where parsec's feature set shines. So it is unlikely that I will be working on a web site component for Parsec when I feel that TorParse has this feature covered. Thus, the reason I believe everyone is suggesting ways to build this type of data into the UI of PARSEC. It might be usefull to pull up during a fight and if I run across an easy to use .net WPF graphic tool I may implement it.

On a side note, I would absolutely love if torparse would expose an upload service that PARSEC could consume. I plan to approach them with this concept after they have fully transitioned to the new team.
Oct 30, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Maybe a first step would be something like a CVS-Exporter. That shouldn't be as hard to implement as a fully graphical view but provide all necessary data to build own graphs via tools like Excel and allow web developers to add such a function much easier to a guild website, because the hardest part is translating the log file and not displaying the data.

Greetings
Kinman