Submitting Contributions

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I was wondering what the procedure was for submitting code changes and user created features to the project was. For example, if I wrote some new feature/ bug fix/ etc, how would I submit it to the projecct for verification/approval?
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2013 at 4:24 AM
I haven't really thought through how I would merge changes in. Suggestions are welcome.

To be honest I used the open source project format in order to ease people's minds about spyware and also because it is a free delivery system for clickonce apps.
Oct 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Obviously you don't want to give access to the source control to just anyone so a good first stop would be for editors to post their bug fixes in discussion with a description of what the bug fix, preferably as a like to the edited file on some other site (pastbin works well for this i've found) so the patch can be reviewed. For those submitting new features * such as a DOT tracker, stat calculator, graphs, etc). you can use the same method as submitting bug fixes, but require the editor include what the feature is, a small user manual, a screenshot of the interface if applicable, instructions on how to integrate it into the project, and require the API have documenting comments (see Doxygen) so that you and other potential developers can provide feedback for anything that may not be up to the project standards.

The downside to this is that you are just one person, so reviewing each potential change can be very time consuming until you have found people you trust with the project so you can delegate.

Also a good first step would be to have a discussion post saying what you already have planed or is current a work in progress for new features/bugs.