Post-raid access to combined log data

Aug 24, 2013 at 6:17 AM
G'day!

My raid team tried it out today, and we were pretty impressed. We've been using MOX up until now, but the consensus was leaning towards making the switch.

However, one deciding factor is whether we can access the combined raid data later for post-raid analysis. Is this available now, or is it planned for the future? If so, would it be a standalone website (as TORParse and MOX offers) or would it be supported via the client?

Thanks for a pretty nifty tool. We'll certainly give it a plug on the next OotiniCast (a SWTOR podcast, if you're into that kind of thing!).

Cheers,
Teo.
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you liked the tool.

The initial plan was to offer a service similar to TorParse. However, now that TorParse is not going away I am rethinking that plan. The biggest hurdle is the data storage and hosting costs required by something like TorParse.

Currently, the application allows you to load old logs and view data. However, this does not store raid data and only presents you with your own information. Also, you can go back and view Raid Data for previous fights within the same session, but obviously that is not useful if you want to do post raid analysis at a later time.

I will have to investigate the Mox solution to see if it is a low cost alternative to implementing a full torparse type service.
Aug 27, 2013 at 7:05 AM
yes i am getting my guild to use this they really like it also. As with the other comment would love to have data storage even if only it was stored for a couple of weeks then deleted. Really hope you do look into it.
Sep 2, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Hey. Another way would be to allow people to hosts servers locally. If i can help with anything. You can hit me up. I'm pretty fluent in C/C++/ObjC/Python. I had the same idea as you in writing a parser but i couldn't be bothered writing an UI
Tom